Thursday, September 16, 2010

My East Coast Family

One of the best things about visiting the Boston area is seeing some of my family that still lives in the area. We spent Tuesday down in Cape Cod visiting my Aunt Rita and Uncle Danny.

Every summer when I was growing up, my mom would take me and my brother home to Somerville, MA to stay a few weeks with my grandparents. During those trips, we would always go down to Aunt Rita and Uncle Danny's house. I loved going to their house because they had a pool and I could swim all the time. Rita and Danny have four sons and it was fun to play with my cousins. Since Aunt Rita only had boys, she would spoil me rotten!

Yesterday, we drove through my grandparents' old neighborhood. Everything looked a lot smaller than I remember but pretty much the same too. We also stopped at Lyndell's bakery to pick up some frosted raisin bread something my grandfather would always get for me!
Too bad they don't ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment