Thursday, September 2, 2010

Niagara Falls, NY

OK, so the theory is we want to post everyday...but the reality is that's probably not going to happen.  LOL Anyone who knows us isn't really surprised but I thought I'd just put that out there. Full disclosure and all.


So yesterday we went to Niagara Falls, NY. It was a lot of fun. Here is a photo of Kaitlyn and Andrew on the Hurricane Deck at the Cave of the Winds tour.  Andrew didn't really want to wear the poncho because he prefers to get totally drenched whenever possible. He also fell in love with the very ugly water sandles they provide you so your shoes don't get soaked.  He insisted on wearing them all afternoon.  (All he needed were black socks and I would swear he was channeling my late grandfather!) Not to worry though, I have tucked them away so he forgets to put them on at our next stop. Out of sight, out of mind is a wonderful thing.

We stayed on the American side of the Falls. Tom said I conveniently forgot our passports so we couldn't go across the border. I just like to stay in my own country unless I have a really good reason to cross the border like an amzing beach, sun, 85 degrees and fabulous unbrella drinks. I could clearly see over to the Canadian side of the Falls and there was none of that so why leave the homeland? That's all I'm saying.

For years I have heard about how ugly the American side is and how beautiful the Canadian side is. Well, in my humble opinion, the American side looked really nice. Very clean and well-kept. The kids had fun and might have even learned something.

Today we traveled to Cooperstown, NY. We plan on touring the Baseball Hall of Fame in the morning. Ironically, our campsite is located at Pete Rose Way. I don't suppose we'll be seeing much of him tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. amazing picture with the rainbow. what a fabulous adventure of a lifetime, enjoy every minute and keep us posted!! love fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    glad you are having a wonderful time!! I will be excited to hear about all you do and experience. Hope all continues to go well!! Take Care! Loved the picture with the rainbow! Love Libby :-)

    ReplyDelete