Monday, December 13, 2010

Fort Myers Beach, Florida

Can't believe it's been a week since our last post! Sorry but that's what happens when we're at the beach! We spent the past five days at the Red Coconut RV Resort in sunny Fort Myers Beach, Florida.

Why did we choose the Red Coconut, you ask?  Let me show you the view from our windshield:


And here's the view of our RV and our neighbors from the ocean:


We were originally only scheduled to stay in FMB for 3 days but when we arrived it was still chilly and the forecast said Friday and Saturday would be in the mid 70's so we decided to stay a couple of extra days.

On Tuesday, we met our friends who live in the area, Michelle and Shawn Riley. They are expecting their first child later this month! Yeah! And I would love to post a picture here but apparently I was more focused on a) relaxing, b) our conversation and c) my 28-ounce bucket of mojito than I was taking pictures at dinner. Sorry about that. Trust me when I say Michelle and Shawn are adorable and proud parents-to-be. We can't wait to meet baby Cayden!

While we were in town, we also met up with Tom's sister and brother-in-law, Susan and Big Phil, who also happened to be in town. And I would love to post a picture here too, but apparently I was more focused on a) relaxing, b) our conversation and c) my 28-ounce bucket of lucky juice (really that's the name of the drink) than I was taking pictures at dinner. Sorry about that. Trust me when I say Susan and Big Phil are adorable and proud parents. Their kids are cool too. LOL

Anyway, in between meeting people for cocktails and dinner, all we did was play at the beach. Most days at the Ft. Myers Beach but we also when to Sanibel and Captiva.

Here's Tom, Andrew and Kaitlyn playing football on the beach
:



And here's Kaitlyn stomping off when she doesn't get her way...


We watched lots of great sunsets:


And it took all week to dig the sand out of Andrew's ears after Kaitlyn buried him in the sand on the first day. He's under the big mound of sand below:


Good times...

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. Wish I was there to do shelling with you. We would have been in shell heaven. Love the pic of Tom and Andrew playing on the beach, but really enjoyed the pic of Kait pouting. lol That's my girl! The views from the beach are beautiful! Marge

    ReplyDelete