Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Highlands, TX

Our next stop actually led us to just outside of Houston in Highlands, TX. And although there were interesting things to do there, we didn't do a thing. We were bums so there's not much to report from Highlands, TX.

Except Tom's meltdown....which was so funny I have to tell you about it.

It all started when we were finding our way back to the campground after dinner and Texas' confusing highway system. In Tom's defense, we have traveled several hundred miles in the past month and Texas has these parallel road systems called "spurs" shooting off the main highway in several directions.

But after the third time he missed our exit, he got so mad. I tried not to laugh. Really. But eventually I couldn't help myself. And then, of course, the kids started to laugh too.

I'm not sure who was going to get left at the side of the road first, me or GPS Betty for giving Tom confusing directions or the kids for laughing at me laughing at Daddy.

It all worked out. We made it home to the RV and everyone had a good laugh. Even Tom, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment