Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ft. Myers, Florida...Again

(Actual date of visit: January 18-25, 2011)

I think we came up with the idea to go back to Florida while we were snowed in at Hot Springs, Arkansas. Our friends, Michelle and Sean had their son, Cayden, about a week after we left Florida in December. All of her brothers and sisters (our friends) were planning on heading to Florida in January to see the baby. Not wanting to be left out, we kind of invited ourselves to their get together. ;-)


Breakfast at the Island Cow on Sanibel Island, Florida.
The other brainstorm we had was to invite our friend Marge to fly down from Ohio to spend five days with us on the beach. Kait and Andrew are her "adopted" grandchildren (although I guess technically I adopted Marge first and she just got Kait and Andrew with the package!) LOL  As you can see, we had a great time shelling and relaxing on the beach.

Marge, Kaitlyn & Kelly
Shelling at low tide
Mar Mar & Kaitlyn humoring me with another photo.
Our shell treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, but I so enjoyed seeing these pictures. It just seems like it was yesterday we were there having so much fun! We must plan another shelling trip, as you know there are never enough seashells for our collection! Bless Tom's heart in making it all possible for us to be together. I love him to pieces, as well as you all. Kait and Andrew are everything to me, as I don't know what I would ever do without them. Hugs and Kisses to all!! Love, Mar Mar

    ReplyDelete