Thursday, June 9, 2011

Topeka, Kansas

Our stop in Topeka was a short one. We really debated on whether we should stop in Kansas City instead but after looking at the schedule and the drive times of where we were and where we were going, we thought it best to make Topeka our stopping point for the night.

We really didn't do much while we were there. Had a nice dinner at the Blind Tiger Brewery. Tried some new beers.

Kelly & Andrew at the Blind Tiger Brewery & Restaurant
For the record, those glasses were equal to tall shot glasses (the pic makes them look full size!). And also for the record the raspberry wheat was my favorite followed my the sunflower wit (whatever that is?) LOL

After dinner, we went back to the RV at the Topeka KOA and did some long over due fishing. This campground had 3 large ponds where we caught several bluegill and a few small bass. Of course, we didn't bring the camera with us so I snitched a photo of one of the ponds from their website.


Since I am able to, I will get my digs in again and say that Kaitlyn & I kicked butt fishing that night. We out fished the boys 4 to 1. Another personal achievement - I finally removed some of my own fish from my hook and one of Andrew's fish too.

Tom always says, "I would be able to catch more if I didn't have to take everyone's fish off their hooks."  Well, all I can say is I am looking forward to the day when he can't use that as an excuse anymore. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment