Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Moab, Utah

Arches National Park is located in Moab, Utah. I had seen a few pictures of the rock formations there but I guess I didn't really know what to expect when we rolled into town. When we got there, I was simply blown away.

It's hard to explain what is so special about this place. Maybe if you have been there you know what I mean. It's not just the unusual rock formations or the vibrant colors. Arches NP is so unique - it is like looking at a living postcard or a scene from an old western movie but in HD.

This is a place everyone should see in their lifetime.

Tom and the kids climbing on the rocks.
This national park is so much fun because you can drive to the trails you want to hike or you can drive to viewpoints where you can just get out and look but still see what you came to see.

The first time we got out and I encouraged Andrew to climb up one of the rock faces, he looked at me like, "Is she serious? I hope she's serious!" I think he thought we were just going to drive around and look at the scenery but once he found out we could climb around and explore, he was totally into it.


The kids had so much fun hiking the trails, climbing up the slickrock and looking at the rocks to decide what they looked like. It was like looking at the clouds for shapes but using the rocks instead.

The Delicate Arch
The Double Arch
Andrew hiding in the rocks.


Sunset at Arches National Park.
I hope I didn't bore you with too many photos of the rocks. We have plenty more than I posted here and you can come over to the house for a special screening if you really want to see them all. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautiful pictures. Remarkable rock formations, so glad you enjoyed this. This was right up Andrews alley. He loves to climb, and this was a great place for him to explore. Marge

    ReplyDelete